Michael Murray’s Nobody Left Out: The best devotional book for parents and children
The book ‘Nobody Left Out‘ is a 40-day devotional that relates eight encounters, Jesus, with messy, broken people. The stories include:
- Jesus Meets The Lonely Thief
- Jesus Meets The Know-It-All
- Jesus Meets The Unwelcome Dinner Guest
- Jesus Meets The Woman Who Was Exploited
- Jesus Meets The Sick Woman & The Dead Girl
- Jesus Meets The Blind Man With Perfect Vision
- Jesus Sees The Invisible Widow
- Jesus Meets The Honest Criminal
Michael Murray is an inspiration
Naturally, Michael Murray’s condition will draw compassion and even pity. Of course, he does not need our pity. God has blessed him with love and friendship that enables him to inspire others.
Michael was born with cerebral palsy that allowed him a unique perspective on God’s grace and mercy. He believes that every single person matters to Jesus.
Every single person matters to Jesus.
4-Reasons why it’s great for kids
Having trained and taught our children God’s way does not prevent them from a wayward life. They are exposed to dangerous knowledge and influences lurking on the internet.
Encouraging them at a young age to read books that draw them closer to God is a parent’s responsibility.
1. The devotional will help children be more appreciative
Unfortunately, having a privileged life has its downturns. One of the problems I had to deal with my kids was for them to have a consistent attitude of thankfulness—next to loving God.
The book encourages us to appreciate what we have or do not have. More importantly, Jesus’ example of genuine compassion and humility are both humbling and awe-inspiring.
2. The devotional is written for all ages, young or old
Personally, the book speaks volumes about what a “child-like faith” really is and how important that is for us adults.
The blueprint of the love and miracles of Jesus in the book is inspiring for both parents and their children.
3. Biblical truths, written by someone who knows what being messy means
The book’s stories provide both inspirations into knowing God’s love and looking at the lives of “messy people” in Biblical times. Michael knows best what that means.
4. A new perspective of who Jesus is in the lives of messy people
Kids and adults can relate to these stories today and experience how blessed they are with what they have.
The devotional also inspires faith knowing that the God we serve is unchanging.
5. It will also help kids who are insecure or bullied
Deep insecurity, lack of confidence, and even ungratefulness take their toll on children. The book will help them see Jesus through Michael Murray’s lens.
We can only do so much for our kids because choosing God is a personal decision. Our role is to influence and inspire them, and this book surely will.
An Amazon best-seller: Get the paperback version here.